WHAT IS OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU?
At Tropolis Group LLC dba IT Tropolis (“IT Tropolis”) we are sensitive to your privacy concerns, and are committed to letting you know what information we collect about you, how the information is being used and what choices you have regarding the collection and use of the information gathered as a result of using IT Tropolis’ websites located at www.tropolisgroup.com and www.ittropolis.com (the “Sites”). Please take a moment to review this Privacy Statement (“Policy”). This Privacy Statement is only applicable to these Sites, and not to any other websites that you may be able to access from these Sites, each of which may have data collection and use practices and policies that differ materially from this Privacy Statement.
WHAT TYPES OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We will collect and use certain information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information”) to respond to your request for products and/or services offered through our Sites. Personal Information includes the following categories of information: (1) Contact Data (such as your name, mailing address, and e-mail address); (2) Financial Data (such as your account or credit card number); and (3) Demographic Data (such as your zip code, age, and income). If you communicate with us by e-mail, post messages to a chat group, bulletin board, or forum, or otherwise complete an online form, survey, or contest entry, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information. We will also collect information in order to notify you about products, services, and other opportunities we think will be of interest to you. The primary reason we collect personal credit information about you is to provide products that you have requested. The information we collect may be from the following sources:
• Information provided by you when registering for a product and/or service offered through our Sites.
• Billing information, such as a credit card number, as required to process the payment for the products and/or services you order from us.
• Other information we collect, such as city of birth and mother’s maiden name, may be used to verify your identity in the event you forget your login information required for our online products.
• Information you provide us when you receive communications from us. For example, we may request that you provide your e-mail address so that we may send you notifications, alerts, special offers and newsletters.
• Information you provide us when you apply for a job with IT Tropolis.
• Information you provide us through customer service correspondence and general feedback.
We will also collect certain information arising out of your use of our Sites, or augment the data we collect with other information from other online or offline sources. We reserve the right to collect information about you and store it in connection with other online or offline information we may possess or obtain about you.
DO WE SHARE INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
We may share information about you with affiliated and non-affiliated third parties when you register for one of our products. We share certain categories of data we collect from you in the following ways:
• Business Partners – In select circumstances, when a business partner refers you to us and you give us permission to share specific information, such as your name and email address with that business partner on your order form. We also share Contact Data and Financial Data with our business partners who assist us by performing core services (such as hosting, billing, fulfillment, or data storage and security) related to our operation of the Site. Those business partners have all agreed to uphold the same standards of security and confidentiality that we have promised to you in this Privacy Statement, and they will only use your Contact Data and other Personal Information to carry out their specific business obligations to Company.
• Vendors – We sometimes disclose the Personal Information and Demographic Data we collect to companies that operate various services for us such as marketing distribution, advertising, or certain product functionalities.
• Transferability of Information – In the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or portion of our assets, your Personal Information and your children’s (if applicable) will likely be among the assets transferred.
• As Permitted by Law – We may share your non-public Personal Information with non-affiliated third parties as permitted by law. We may also be required to share your Personal Information with law enforcement or government agencies in response to subpoenas, court orders, federal/state audits or similar circumstances. We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms and Conditions, or as otherwise required by law.
If you choose, we may disclose the information that we collect to our affiliated companies from time to time for marketing purposes and to enhance our products to better suit your needs. When identifying methods of improving our products or if we think a product may be of interest to you, we may extend select special offers of goods or products to you. If you would like to opt-out of receiving these offers, please refer to the section labeled “Offering You Choices – Marketing Options,” below.
OFFERING YOU CHOICES – MARKETING OPTIONS
You have choices when it comes to learning about new offers or products offered by IT Tropolis, its partners or affiliates. If you do not wish to receive offers of products from IT Tropolis, its partners or affiliates, here are the methods in which you can opt out:
1. Email Opt-out Options: Each marketing e-mail we send includes instructions and an opt-out link. Alternatively, you may opt out by calling our Customer Care Center toll-free at (800) 932-0271. You may exercise this opt out choice at any time.
2. Refusing Cookies: Subject to the section below pertaining to cookies and web bugs, you have the ability to prohibit being served an advertisement based on cookie technology. We utilize reputable third-party vendors to serve advertisements. If however, you are not comfortable with cookies, you can adjust the settings within your browser to further prohibit being served a cookie. Please see the browser’s instructions to perform this task.
3. Partner sharing Opt-out Options: If a business partner refers you to our Site and requests for us to share certain information about you, such as your name or email address, you may choose not to have your information shared with that partner by opting-out directly on your order form.
TRAFFIC DATA COLLECTED
We automatically track and collect the following categories of information when you visit our Site: (1) IP addresses; (2) domain servers; (3) types of computers accessing the Site; and (4) types of web browsers used to access the Site (collectively “Traffic Data”). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not personally identify you but is helpful for marketing purposes or for improving your experience on the Site.
We use anonymous information to analyze our Site traffic, but we do not examine this information for individually identifying information. In addition, we may use anonymous IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our site, or to display the content according to your preferences. Traffic and transaction information may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate and anonymous basis.
COOKIES AND WEB BUGS
WHAT IS OUR POLICY RELATING TO FORMER CUSTOMERS?
Our policy regarding the collection and use of information about former customers is the same as that regarding the collection and use about existing customers (refer to section titled What types of information do we collect about you?).
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We restrict access to nonpublic Personal Information about you or your children to those of our employees who need to know that information in order to provide products to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect your nonpublic Personal Information. IT Tropolis protects your information over the Internet by using a secure web server, which allows web browser programs (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer) to interact with our web server via an encrypted session. We employ a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) connection that provides an encrypted connection between your computer and IT Tropolis. The 128 bit encrypted connection scrambles ordinary text or data into cyphertext to safeguard sensitive information during its journey across the Internet. The information is decrypted, or put back into a readable format, when it reaches its intended destination. Depending on which browser you use, you will know you are in secured area by “https” or a lock appearing in the lower right hand corner of your browser window. When you visit our Sites, you may move in and out of secured areas. Any time that you are on an order page or viewing your personal credit report, you will be in a secured area.
A SPECIAL NOTE REGARDING PEOPLE UNDER 18 YEARS OLD
These Sites are not intended for use by children, defined as individuals under the age of 18. We do not knowingly solicit Personal Information from children or send them requests for non-public Personal Information. Consumers under the age of 18 must not send any Personal Information to us, including but not limited to information such as name, address or e-mail address.
PRIVACY STATEMENT CHANGES